Friday, January 14, 2011

The Internet is a Writer's Lifeline


I have realized the internet is this writers lifeline. No internet means no job. No job means no income. So I have realized the vital importance that the internet and computers have taken shape in my life. Was being a writer the best career path now when it can all go to hell in a hand basket so easily with just the simplest technical glitch? How do I raise a family on such a precarious slope as the life of a freelance writer? What happens if something happens to my computer or internet? Well That happened of recent. Over the holiday season I lost my phone which then meant no internet due to I had dial up Internet. How was I going to work? Maybe I should of just given up on this writing dream. I had come so far though to destroy all my hard work to get to this point....I was not giving up, and apparently the universe did not want me to give up either. Out of frustration I decided one night to check what wireless connections I could get. Suddenly a wireless signal popped up that was named HeaVen. I clicked it on and I was instantly connected to the Internet. I was stunned to say the least, I mean could this really be? The connection is fleeting, and I never know when I'm going to get a signal, but it's been pretty steady to where I can get on it at least once a day. So I made the daring announcement I was back in business to my clients. I had contacted them earlier stating my peril and if they wanted to go with another writer by all means I did not know when Id be back in business. Amazingly they stuck with me saying they would wait. This week was my first week back to work and while again my connection was not steady or secure I still managed to complete my order and deliver on the deadline date.


Writing is meant to be...writing is me. Never give up when you know that you can do it, that it is possible and not just a dream.

Write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment