Thursday, April 1, 2010

Every Author Has a Begining


What is your beginning? Why is it you really love to write? Is it for the money? Is it for the love of the English language and the written word? We all have an answer to that question, but I want you ask yourself truly WHY is it you write? Is it to entertain? Inform? Get your voice heard?

Why I Write

I write because this is the best way to express myself. Most of my life I was to be seen and not heard. My opinions and thoughts did not matter. If I did get brave and voice my thoughts I would get ridiculed and called unkindly names. I always had quite the imagination too taking my barbies on awesome adventures, or battling invisible evil ninja foes outside. I will never forget in 5Th grade I think it was we were to write a story on how the parrot got its many colors. I remember the teacher pointing out my story to my mom in parent teacher conference at how good it was. I believe I got a A grade too. Next was in High school we had to write a story for something as well and my teacher took me aside and said they were impressed with my story. That is how I knew once again that maybe I had a knack for this. I wondered though for I totally suck in writing term papers and I never figured out what I did wrong. I got a C though on all term papers so I'm average I guess.

Moment of Truth

I then took a writing course at our local college and we were supposed to bring a piece of our work to read out loud to people. I brought a very early draft of Angelic Confessions. Once I got done reading a sample of it the teacher the stated,"You know what you are doing don't you." That was when it truly sank in that I am good and I have a chance at this. Being a writer seems to of always been an interest, it was not a dream for I knew the reality and the odds success in this business. I really did not want big success anyway I would just be happy with an underground cult following.

Giving It a Shot

In 1990 my mother suffered a heart attack and discovered she had heart disease and a condition called angina. So I left my job to take care of my mom and be a freelance writer, but soon decided I needed to find a real job too. I did manage to get 2 poems, a magazine article and music review published. Best part was I got paid!!! Flash forward to now and here I am writing again. It seems like it is a destiny I can not escape. So I decided I'm going full force in this thing! By the Fathers graces I am blessed to be able to do so. I feel this is definitely what I am supposed to do, for I should not be alive if this was not the path for me. Once again the opportunity is given to me and I took it and I'm going all the way to the top! *And I'm doing it my way*

No comments:

Post a Comment